HVAC Contractors in Abbotsford
Recent hvac installation jobs completed in Abbotsford
Looking for a trustworthy HVAC technician near you? Let our Home Services team in Abbotsford help you with all your HVAC service needs including air conditioning installation and furnace installation.
Get a new air conditioner or central heating and enjoy year-round protection with our trusted HVAC installation and replacement service backed by our 1-year Home Depot Guarantee.
Why Choose the Home Depot Abbotsford Hvac Contractors
Ensure year-round comfort for your home with our best in class manufacturers warranty. Your new HVAC system from The Home Depot is protected by a one-year parts and labour warranty, plus optional extended coverage of up to 10 years.
Get peace of mind with your new HVAC system. Home Depot HVAC contractors are licensed professionals who have passed background checks, so you can be confident in their reputation and the quality of their work.
We have flexible financing solutions available to help you manage unexpected repairs. Check with an associate or click here to learn more about our project loans and financing options.
Hvac Installation Process
Submit Your Request
Professional HVAC Installation
hvac installation Jobs Completed in Abbotsford
Popular HVAC Services We Offer in Abbotsford
Whether you need to install a new air conditioner or replace an old gas furnace, our licensed HVAC technicians deliver trusted results and follow-up maintenance you can rely on. We install and replace the following HVAC systems purchased at The Home Depot:
- Gas Furnace Installation: ENERGY STAR® rated gas furnaces from Trane, Comfortmaker and Ameristar. Let an experienced HVAC technician install your new gas furnace for you!
- Central Air Conditioning Installation: 1.5 – 5 Ton air conditioners, ranging from 13.00 – 17.00 seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER). Choose the perfect model and learn more about our A/C installation in Abbotsford.
- Central Heat Pump Installation: Trane XL, XR Central Heat Pump series with Climatuff® compressor, these ENERGY STAR® certified heat pumps keep delivering heat and value year after year. Let our local HVAC contractors in Abbotsford help with your installation.
- Ductless Air Conditioner Installation: Mini and multi split, low noise, ENERGY STAR® qualified ductless air conditioners from leading brands Trane and Ameristar. View our selection online, then book your free consultation with a licensed A/C installer.
Not sure which HVAC system is right for you? A Home Depot Installer can help.
Why You Should Replace Your Hvac System
- Safety First.
While it is tempting to keep an old gas furnace for as long as it still heats your home, there comes a point when doing so becomes not only unwise, but potentially dangerous.
Left undetected, carbon monoxide can be extremely hazardous. Wear and tear on an aging gas furnace can cause small cracks to form in the heat exchanger or the flue pipes. As a result, poisonous carbon monoxide can leak into your home.
- Improved Reliability
The simple fact is that most HVAC systems become less reliable as they age, and their components begin to wear out and break down.
By replacing outdated or aging HVAC equipment you can ensure your home has a reliable source of heat and ventilation throughout the year. The cost of repairing HVAC equipment far exceeds the cost of upgrading to a newer, more efficient model that will serve you for years to come.
- Boost your home’s energy efficiency.
If you haven’t purchased an HVAC system in a decade or longer, it’s virtually guaranteed that you’re not benefitting from the great advances in energy efficiency we’ve experienced since your last HVAC installation. With HVAC equipment constantly improving and becoming more energy efficient, even a high-efficiency unit from a decade ago can’t compete head-to-head with similar systems offered today.
Ideas & How to
Find The Right HVAC Products For Your Home With Our Heating & Cooling Products Guide.
Related Services in Abbotsford
Frequently Asked Questions
Are removal and disposal covered as part of my HVAC Installation Service from The Home Depot?
While removal of the old HVAC unit is covered as part of this service, disposal is not covered and must be arranged in advance of your installation.
Please note that additional charges may apply for disposal of your old HVAC unit.
My A/C or furnace has stopped working. Should I repair or replace it?
If you determine a major fix is necessary, review your warranty coverage first before investing in repairs or a replacement.
What are some signs that I need a new HVAC system?
It may be necessary to replace your gas furnace if you notice the following signs:
- Your gas furnace is taking too long to ignite.
- Fails repeatedly to deliver enough heat even at maximum settings.
- Exterior surfaces show signs of corrosion.
- Emits unpleasant odors when operating such as rotten eggs.
- Experiences frequent pilot light failures.
For a central air conditioner or heat pump, look for:
- Ineffective heating or cooling.
- Excessive noise.
- Buildup of moisture or humidity.
- Longer run times or foul “burning” smells.
All the above are likely signs you need to replace your air conditioner or heat pump system.
Why should I replace my old HVAC system if it still works or can be repaired?
- An aging furnace may pose a serious health risk to anyone living in your home:
- If the heat exchanger or flue pipes have cracked, it could be leaking carbon monoxide.
- If your HVAC system is more than 10 years old, the cost of repairing or replacing a major component may not be worth it compared to investing in a new, more efficient unit.
With annual maintenance, an HVAC system should last for many years. Still, the efficiency of an HVAC unit can drop over time, meaning your utility bills will increase.
How can upgrading my HVAC system reduce energy costs?
High-efficiency HVAC systems are designed to use less energy to heat or cool your home. In other words, they consume less energy to do the same job as a lower-efficiency unit.
For example, a high-efficiency gas furnace rated at 96 per cent AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) is designed to deliver 96 per cent of the heat it produces to your home and lose just 4 per cent. An older system, at 80 per cent AFUE, loses 20 per cent.
Upgrading to a system that wastes less energy means you’re consuming less energy and, most likely, saving money.
What is a BTU and how much do I need?
“BTU” stands for “British Thermal Unit”, which is used to measure thermal energy output. It takes 1 BTU to change the temperature of a pound of water at sea level by 1-degree Fahrenheit.
BTU ratings on HVAC systems reflect overall output. The number of BTUs you need depends on the size of the space to be heated or cooled.
Request a FREE consultation today with a Home Depot Installer and they will help you find the correctly sized HVAC system for your home.
How do I know whether I need a gas furnace, central air conditioner, central heat pump or ductless system?
Choosing between a gas furnace and central heat pump mainly depends on whether your home is set up for gas or electric heating.
Heat pumps are sometimes preferred over air conditioners because they provide heating in addition to cooling.
Ductless air conditioners and heat pumps are typically used for individual rooms and small spaces, while central air conditioners and central heat pumps are designed for a whole home.
What size heating or cooling unit do I need?
The correct-sized HVAC unit depends on the square footage of your home, as well as the number of rooms; during your free, in-home consultation, a Home Depot Installer will help you find the right-sized HVAC system for your home.
Remember, bigger is not necessarily better. An HVAC system that is too large for your home may not regulate temperature or humidity as efficiently or effectively as a correctly sized one. A mismatched system may also need repairs sooner.
1956 Vedder Way Abbotsford, BC V2S 8K1
Store: 604-851-4400 Tool Rental: 604-851-4406 Pro Desk: 604-851-4403